In 1927 St. John's Church was completely restored by Savo Dabanovic, a citizen of Bar. It is a single-nave church with a small bell-tower. Above the door there is a subsequently placed girder with a carved coat of arms depicting two angels holding a round medaillon. This Element belongs to the Renaissance and it was most likely brought from a nearby building. The church is Orthodox today.
Behind the portal there is an oculus made of windwow frame fragments. Since the church is situated on one of the most prominent locations in Bar, on a little crossroads square, and since its foundation shape is rather archaic, it is possible that this used to be St. Peter's Church which was mentioned in 1427.